Karate Kid??

So, this week was great! We started French and found out we get out a week early! I have 2 more weeks, then I'm in Benin! 14 days! I'm so excited to go serve the people of my mission! We are leaving a week early because some of the mission presidents in Africa have a big conference the next week, so anyone who was suppose to leave that week is leaving earlier so their president is there to greet the new missionaries.

 
So, here's the weekly Lelekumo section:
There's a new elder here from Korea (Elder Yoo) and Lelekumo is so curious about him and he asked him if he know a couple different Chinese actors and Elder Yoo goes “No, they are from China, I'm from Korea" and Lelekumo goes "ohhh OK" then goes quiet for a few minutes while we all talk. He then goes "do you know karate?" And Elder Yoo goes "no...again from China...I think" and Lelekumo goes "Kung fu??" And Yoo goes "thatsJapan I think" and Lelekumo goes “Have you seen Kung Fu Ppanda??" And Yoo goes "what's that?!" And Lelekumo goes "DO YOU EVEN KNOW YOUR CULTURE!?" Then demonstrated Kung fu (in my Google photos)

So, this week we started French and let me tell ya, I think I can be fluent in like 4 months or so. Words are alot like English and I'm actually getting it pretty quick I think. Gift of tongues is real ladies and gentlemen. 

Also, one day in class we looked into the hallway and say like 50 kids walk past, so obviously we investigated it. Turns out there was a bunch of primary kids touring the MTC. So we said hi and some gave me huge hugs and alot  of high-fives. One girl even stopped and stared at me and says “You look like Helaman!" Then ran away. That made my day, maybe she recognized me from the Book of Mormon videos! Those kids all made my day so much better. The days get long sitting in a class room all day, but those kids made it better! 

Not much else happened but we are all getting excited for General Conference until we realized we were listening in French...hopefully I'll know it by then and can understand it! Everyone go listen to a conference talk this weekend! Even if it's just one! And, do your best to stay awake!! 

“To have a  happy life is depending on the quality of your thoughts.” 
Brother Francis.  He gives us an inspirational quote every day.

Love you all. Miss you all!!
Elder McKee

Google photos (shows more than my emails) 

Extra’s:
How is the French coming along? Pretty good.  We are in French lessons all day long and my brain is fried at the end of the day.  I  usually try and do something else after our last class, and let my brain rest.  But I read over some stuff right before i go to sleep I find i remember that stuff better.

What can we pray for to help you this week?  The Gift of Tongues, for my whole district.  There is one elder who is really struggling, and studies in all his free time.  God will know who he is if you pray for all of us, and extra for him too.

Had to kick some off because the elevator was saying “OVERLOAD”.


Matching ties with Cousin Max.  He leaves tomorrow for the Ivory Coast.

Mom: “Why  is your name on the board?”
Andy: “ If we talk too much in English she puts our name on the board.”
Mom:  “What happens if you get  too many marks?”
Andy: “The teacher said I have to go into the French speaking class and recite the Mission statement
in French, and she will make sure they all laugh at me."

Elder koala is leaving tomorrow morning to Nigeria.  He's learned English these past 9 weeks!  He was my neighbor and I'd help him with his English.  (He corrected me a couple times.)
Elder Walker from my home stake.


Elder Pecqueuz and Elder Wong leave for their missions tomorrow!  
(They have helped me so much with French)

Church is True.  Me and Elder Ike Ake.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Temple Pictures with Friends

Future Benin Missionaries